Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Peeking - Box # 8

Box # 8 is another of my long-term Works-in-progress projects, that I pull out and work on in spurts, then put away until the mood strikes again.  Charm Quilts.  I've amassed quite a collection of charm packs, and have been cutting them into two shapes for two different charm quilts (a quilt made up of all different fabrics with no two fabric patches the same).  One is Half square triangles (3.5") and the other is pyramid-shaped.  I found a pattern I fell in love with in Scrap Quilt Sensation by Katherine Guerrier.


So far, I've put together 15 blocks for the HST Charm Quilt, a few of which I've posted.



As for the Pyramid Charm Quilt, I haven't decided if I want to piece them into lengths, or hexagons.



The thought of dealing with all the inset seams is terrifying, so I will probably stitch the diamonds together as shown in the first pic, then stitch the strips of diamonds together, thus avoiding the inset seams.

No comments:

Post a Comment