Getting all those 9 patches joined, means I can go looking for fabrics for the Modern Monday sampler. This is the view of the bins. The two on the right hold my UFOs and kits. The three on the left hold most of my strips. They are so full, I can't fit the 1.5" strips or charm squares into them.
The 2" strips.
The 2.5" strips.
The 3.5" strips.
Good Grief! I found more 9 patches - a different size this time. These were in the 2.5" strip bin and will finish at 6".
I did find some oranges and greens that will work with the fabrics I've already pulled together.
Block 1 of Modern Monday. I made two blocks. Then I took a pic and admired them for a long while. Then I did a little delighted wiggle of joy in my chair. It's going to look great and it's going to be a lot of fun.
And I found my fabrics and first two blocks a home so they don't get swallowed up in stash and get used for something else.
Then I made a couple of blocks for the Traditional Tuesday sampler.
The blocks came out beautifully, but a little small. I checked my seam allowance. It's bang on. The trimmings were scant threads. And the blocks came out at 6 1/8" unfinished instead of 6 1/2".
I think I'll try making another couple of blocks with slightly larger components tomorrow. Maybe my seam allowance is just a couple of threads off. And of course, I found the second sampler a home of it's own too.