Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Traditional Tuesday and String Blocks too

I made the next block for the Traditional Tuesday Sampler and I blew it by not trimming my 1.5" strips down to 1" strips for the block.  Aaarrrrgggghhh!   I was so delighted by the selection of browns and pinks in my strip box, I completely forgot about the cutting instructions.  Given my perfectionist tendencies, it won't surprise anyone that I plan to make these again tomorrow.  This time, let's see if I can get it right.  (Sigh)  At this rate, I'll have a entire pieced backing made up of rejected blocks.


I made the next row of string blocks for Donna's string quilt w/ 9 patches - at six blocks a week, I'll be done making the string blocks in another six weeks.  Then I can move on to the strip sashing and the teeny 9 patches.


The strings don't seem to be reduced at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment